Wednesday, October 26, 2005

More good news ish

Another excellent sea crossing. Hopefully I've now cracked my seasickness. The downside is the effect the Mercalm has on me. It makes me quite sleepy. So, no seasickness, but kill yourself falling asleep at the wheel. This needs more work. Mmnnn.
As usual, the roads in northern France are a delight, with only a fraction of the traffic of the motorways in the UK. We made it to Rheims for something to eat and a night's sleep.
What is it about the Gallic shrug that really pisses me off? Really nicely, I asked the woman who owns the hotel, if I can have another pillow in the bedroom. She says there's one in the room. I say I know, again really nicely, but there are two of us so could I have another pillow, please? She made a sort of snorting noise, invoked the Gallic shrug, and trounced off to find us another pillow. When she found it, she dropped it on a chair in the entrance hall for us to pick up on the way to our room, without saying anything or any other acknowledgement. I was tired, it was 21.30 and in no mood to walk out, which I would have done in days gone by, plus she had our credit card number and would have charged for the room anyway. She ran the joint, there was no one else to complain to, so I was forced to just ignored her rudeness. If you ever have a choice, do not stay at the Campanile - La Neuvillette, north of Rheims run by Joelle and Franck Born.

No comments: