Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I need my vitamins


So the conversation goes like this.


ME (in France): Hi love, how ya doin'?


JAN (in England): Fine, I'm getting on well. Do Max and Minnie miss me?


ME: Yes, they mention it all the time.


JAN: Don't be sarcastic.


ME: Talking about M&M, some bad news, they caught and killed a cat last night.


JAN: Oh no, oh no. (Jan likes puddy cats.)


ME: What exactly did you think they were going to do when they caught one?


JAN: Are they OK?


ME: Well Max was looking a bit funny at my leg last night but I don't think he's got the blood lust yet.


Bla, bla bla, twenty minutes later.


ME: OK, I'd better go now. I need to see what little delicacy I can rustle up for tonight's feast.


JAN: Give the dogs a kiss from me and tell them not to be naughty and that I love them.


ME (trying my hardest to sound sincere): Sure honey, will do.


Twenty minutes later I had to stop when I found myself telling the dogs that Jan didn't approve of their killing but that she loved them anyway.
See what a lack of nourishment does for you.

No comments: