Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Skype again


For some reason, which I never got to the bottom of, I couldn't use Skype on my previous computer, so I stopped using it and haven't used it for several years. It now works fine on my new machine and, whilst fiddling with it (Skype), I realised that you can send text messages.

Now, I don't know about you but I hate texting using my mobile phone. My fingers are too big for the bloody buttons and, because I rarely do it, it's a cumbersome process. As some of our kids use text quite a lot and, with Skype you can type using your keyboard, it means that you can more easily communicate. Sorted.

3 comments:

Craig said...

Huh... I didn't know you could text using Skype - I must try it. I'm like you and never text on a mobile. I work from home and quite a few of my customers like to communicate via Skype via instant messaging. Thanks for the tip.

Mark said...

Been texting on Skype for quite some time. Its bloody brilliant!! I speak to my kids almost everyday either by text or webcam.......makes us feel that they are right next door. I also took out the unlimited Europe subscription.I can now phone any European land for any length of time for only 4euros a month.

Alex said...

Thanks Mark, that's useful.