Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A ride in the country


It rained today (not much new there then), and we had a gentle ride out into the country to meet Jan's sister Val. High on my list of things to do was sink a pint of bitter. The Swan, in Fittlesham, sells London Pride and they keep it beautifully. Excellent, but the food was poor and not too cheap. It's a beautiful, quaint country pub, with a log fire, but not too many drinkers. If they can't get the food right they'll sink without trace.

But we're spoilt. Yesterday we had a fabulous lunch at Carluccio's in Brighton. I had, a new one for me, a red wine risotto, which blew my socks off. If you want good Italian food, this is the place for you. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

MrsJ said...

London Pride! Oh, how mean you are to tell us.

What I wouldn't give for a pint....though Richard would probably offer double. Is his favourite whilst mine in Abbot.