Thursday, October 16, 2008

A good crack


Last night we met up with my old friend Rob for a curry and a Cobra. A few years back, usually after long coaching sessions, we got into the habit of finishing a long hard day (OK a long hard, few hours) by popping out to our favorite curry house and sinking a few pints of Cobra beer.
Last night was all about re-living that experience. James chose the restaurant, Shahi Tandoori on Beaconsfield Road, and the four of us (Rob, James, Jan and myself) met up to do justice to the place.
What a good crack. I haven't laughed so much since the last time I laughed so much! Excellent food, good wine, Cobra beer and good friends. Perfect.
***

In order to get a few last minute things for home we popped into Marks and Spencer and Sainsburys. Despite all the talk about recession, things looked pretty busy and bouyant to me.

No comments: