Saturday, June 23, 2007

Qwerty or Azerty?


You have no idea how much you depend upon a keyboard, and how frustrating it is without one. Despite several hours of mental work arounds I gave up and decided to get a new one. My computer thinks that anything in the PS2 slot is a mouse so what I need is a keyboard with a USB connection. The problem with that is that it would take a week or more to get one from the UK and we'll be there this time next week anyway. So it was off to Sommieres this morning to see what I could find. Needless to say I found a cheap 'azerty' keyboard and coincidently a helpful chap in a shop just off the marketplace. I'll get an English board next week but in the meantime if the spelling goes a bit qonky you'll knoq qhy.

***

In order to cheer up Glyn, who has had a bit of a wake up call having to deal with 4 teenage boys, we kept him company last night on his trip into Nîmes with the lads. What had really been pissing him off was that none of them had offered to help around the house. That is, with the exception of one lad.

I said to him, "It wasn't the lad the you helped save from drowning was it?"

He laughed and said, "Yup, I didn't think of it that way."

So the moral of the story is, hold your kids head under water until they are just about to die. It's amazing to see how grateful they become when you let them go. Child psychology, the Hampshire way.

1 comment:

Chris said...

You don't need to buy a new QWERTY keyboard, in Windows tell it your AZERTY is QWERTY and then prize off and swap around the relevant key caps.