Saturday, June 09, 2007

The good life


I know I keep banging on about how good the French health system is but here's a little bit of proof. First, let me tell you about Jan's recent experience. Her consultant was considering putting her on a powerful auto-immune suppressant. Given that this could potentially cause problems, if Jan had a serious undisclosed illness, he sent her for a whole series of tests to establish that she was well enough to take the drug. Common sense you might say but later, when Jan was discussing this on the phone with her GP daughter in England, she was told that this sensible, careful and cautious (and expensive) approach would not have happened in the UK.


In addition, I have just started to read about a lady's new life in France when I stumbled across this piece. Take a look at this. The same thorough and cautious approach to diagnosis and potential problems. Live in France, THE place to be ill!


***


The pool hit 30C yesterday which feels kinda early for such a high temperature. Anyway, it still felt bloody cold to me!

1 comment:

MrsJ said...

Thank-you for reading my blog, and mentioning it in your article! I hope Jan continues getting such great care.
I am still doing an excellent Elvis lip-lift which sends the girls into whoops of laughter!