Thursday, October 26, 2006

Saint Jan of Cannes


Check this out to see how many people in the US have your name. I checked and found that only one other person has my name. Jan has no one with her name. But then who would want to be called Saint Jan of Cannes.


***

I hate shaving, but having said that my attempt at designer stubble finally ended this morning. The crunch came when I noticed Jan looking at me, out of the corner of her eye, with undisguised contempt. I think it was the beard she was looking at! (Think again - Ed.) Anyway, Jan gleefully hacked at it with some electric sheep shears and despite spilling a little blood it was all off in ten minutes.


***

Harold and Elizabeth arrived for a few days this afternoon. They are friends from this village who moved away last year. I think it was something that Jan said, but I'm not sure!

No comments: