Saturday, October 07, 2006

And what's behind the doors?





My half hearted attempt the other day at understanding the phrase 10-4 prompted a reply from Will. Look at this, there's a whole different, parallel English language out there and when you include this, it really makes you wonder. And there I was just thinking about an old TV programme!

***

Jan, desperate for anybody's company other than mine, (I wonder why? - Ed.) leads us off to Sommieres market. Bryan and Peter have set up at Elie's and, having bought a selection of galettes from Elie's other place, we eat lunch. More to the point Bryan and Peter (but not me guv) decided to go for it and we drink a bunch of red.
Not satisfied with trying to drink Sommieres dry, we (Jan and I) girded our loins and set off to Vendargues at 19.00 for Alain's vernissage. This was quite a big event and Alain, literally, had centre stage. There were 167 artists in all and a lot of the work was quite appealing. The top picture is my feeble attempt at showing Alain's eight 'doors' and below, the man himself.

No comments: