Saturday, October 21, 2006

Insurance companies are bad for your health



I had a run in with an insurance company not so long ago but I won't bother you with the details. Suffice to say that these people operate in the ice age. The latest incident with AXA caused me to get pissed off yet again. Here goes. When we sold the other house in the village, I wrote to the AXA agent to let them know that the house insurance was no longer needed. A month and a half later they replied to inform me that they wanted a copy of the Attestation given to us by the notaire confirming that the house had been sold. I went ballistic. Yet another piece of bureaucratic garbage. Why isn't my word good enough? Why do I have to prove what I say? Can I point out that I'm the client? I'm the one paying the bloody premium and if I say that the house has been sold then THE BLOODY HOUSE HAS BEEN SOLD, YOU BONEHEADS. If by some quirk, some mental aberration, I was lying, then you no longer have to provide cover. Not that you don't try and wriggle out of paying claims anyway, you pathetic incompetent shits! Don't tell me that there is a law, don't tell me that that's the way it is, take a look at yourselves, stop living in the past and join the rest of the human race. Drag yourselves out of the dark ages!
Rant over, but the funny thing is I don't feel much better. Thank God the sun is trying to come out.

***

In desperate need of someone to moan at, or better still to have a laugh with, we decide to go to Sommieres market. The usual suspects are already there but haven't yet ordered the wine. I soon put that right! Top you can see the accordionist who makes it all feel very French, but we are going to have to have a whip round to get him a new tracksuit. Below him is Bryan S. Now that I've posted his photo the police will have an easier job catching up with him. At least they now have a recent mugshot!

No comments: