Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Feeling good

I have a list, a list of 'things to do', which is how I previously organised my life. Of late I've learnt to relax a little more and haven't been using one but, as the mental list was getting longer and my memory was getting shorter, I resorted to an old fashioned written one. Anyway, the written list was getting longer and all I did was keep looking at it. It sits there just next to where I eat breakfast and it irritates me every morning. So, determined that it would irritate me less, I decided to polish off some of the jobs. The easiest way to feel really good is to tackle the one that you least want to do. That was easy (or not). I really did not look forward to digging a couple of holes just in front of the garage, where we intend to plant some creepers. I had tried previously and hit concrete so it was not going to be easy. So, armed with various implements including a pick axe I decided this morning to have another go. I DID IT. I broke through the concrete slab to the earth below and now I feel really good. The other hole was much easier so in the space of two hours - horrible task number one was finished. Suddenly, the list looks much shorter and easier, which it isn't, but I feel much better.


***

You'll note that they've superimposed a different 'feel good' head onto a photo of me above. Honest!

No comments: