Thursday, April 20, 2006

I thought 'irony' was getting the creases out of clothes

Jan bought me this tee shirt the other day and she seemed to find it very amusing. She kept pointing her finger and sniggering. I'm probably a bit thick (for once we agree on something - Ed.), but would somebody explain what all the fuss is about please?

***

For some time now Jan has been putting a horrible orange/brown coloured towel in one of the downstairs toilets, which was painted white. I hated the towel because it looked so out of place. In order to solve the problem she has now completely repainted the room in a colour that now contrasts with the offending towel. It strikes me that buying a couple of new white towels would have been a whole lot cheaper and less effort than a full paint job. But then I'm a bloke and what do I know?

***

Max and Min are in escape mode again. To be fair it's a local tom that is caterwauling and is driving Max mad. This morning he opened the gate into the tennis court, by opening the latch on the far side of the gate with his paw, something that he has never done before, to get closer to his object of hate. They then escaped into the garden next door through holes in the neighbour's fence that we thought were adequately blocked off. This is starting to get irritating. We made them serve a short stretch in the 'pen' to cool off.

No comments: