Saturday, April 01, 2006

Go on dip your toe in

We leave for Paris tomorrow and naturally the demonstrations and riots are a consideration. Not that I'm worried about the riots, these things always tend to be exaggerated and localised. The real problem will come with the return train journey. We have non-refundable, non-changeable rail tickets and as there is supposed to be a general strike on Tuesday, I assume that they'll let us travel the next day if the trains don't run. Could be fun!


***

I had another go at the pool today and it's starting to look just a little inviting. Having said that it is always Jan who goes in first each year, because I don't like pain, but I don't suppose she'll get in until later this month. When we get back from Paris next week, I'll put the solar heating on and see how quickly I can get it up from the present 14 C. It needs to be at least another 10 degrees higher to satisfy yours truly.

***

Tonight, Jan made her first ever pasta, tagliatelle to be precise. It was very good, indistinguishable from shop bought (you're so smooth - Ed.). Together with a mushroom sauce and a starter of asparagus, I went to bed a happy bunny. Actually it was the Domaine de Baubiac that made happy! Anyway bed early because we need to be at Nîmes railway station at 07.45 tomorrow.

No comments: