Saturday, April 22, 2006

A close call

Yesterday, in a moment verging on insanity, I offered to cook a pasta dish that took my fancy in the Sainsbury's Magazine. As an aside, Jan has only 2 publications sent from England, the first is Sainsbury's Magazine and the second Private Eye. I'm not sure what it says about her, but there you go. Anyway, after I had made my offer I got a reality check when I established that there was an important football match, featuring Chelsea and Liverpool on television that was going to seriously overlap with food preparation. So there I was, only minutes after gaining a whole load of brownie points, having to renege. Bum. Anyway, Jan being the lovely soul that she is, offered to take over and I offered to cook on Sunday instead. Phew, that was close!

No comments: