Monday, December 12, 2005

Times they are a chagin'

How times have changed. This story from yesterday, made me smile. I wonder what John Wayne would have made of it? Having said that, he was born Marion Morrison!

***

It's cold today, only 4C at lunchtime but notwithstanding that William and I have a good set of tennis this morning. Embarrassment prevents me from saying that I lost again 6-4, but I will do better tomorrow, honest.

***

The dogs continue to settle nicely together and it is now difficult to keep Min out of Max's bed. I think that this affects his rest, because he definitely seems a little more tired each morning. She is growing at a rate of knots and takes up quite a lot of space now, so that it is difficult for him to stretch out. We may just get a bigger bed and then at least they will both have a large bed each later. Yesterday, someone asked about the difference in their ears. You can see that Max's ears are pointed and erect and Min's floppy. The natural state is floppy and Max had his ears cut, as was normal practice in Beauceron circles, before we had the chance to say anything. Having said that, we now both like his ears as they are, it makes him look more sinister, impressionnant as the French would say, or, as I prefer to think, more regal. Shortly after Max was born, the law changed, forbidding the showing of dogs with cut ears. Typically, the law was fudged, not forbidding the practice but forbidding the 'showing' of dogs that have been mutilated. Hmnnn.

No comments: