Thursday, December 15, 2005

Quote of the day

Out with Minnie first thing to the vet for her second vaccination. She is now able to mix freely with other dogs. This afternoon we took her for her first walk into the country with Max.

***

Before we went for the walk, William came round for a set of tennis and I’m pleased to say that I beat him 6-4. The weather was tough to deal with because the wind was blowing quite strongly and the sun was in a difficult position. I was serving for the set at 5-2 and he dug his heels in and pulled two games back. Who says the French give in easily? He makes me work for every point. My nutritionist should be pleased, I see her next Monday!
***
The quote of the day came from yours truly when I said, “We get closer to next week all the time.” When I managed to stop Jan laughing at me, we started the sensible conversation that I had originally intended.

***
Out to Weldoms to buy a few things, like a new log basket to replace the one that the dogs have chewed, and phone line filters that Wanadoo say might help me get my internet connection back.

No comments: