Saturday, December 17, 2005

Smack the penguin

Unusually, Max whined to be let out at 05.00 this morning. Something spooked him and he wanted to go look see. I waited for about 20 minutes but realised that he would not come back into the house until he was exhausted. At that time of the morning, it was going to take him longer to get exhausted than me. Later, during the morning I noticed that his collar was missing. Now it was my turn to be spooked because it's not something that comes off that easily. My first suspicion was that someone had tried to grab him and that he had wriggled free, so I started to look outside for evidence of an intruder. Nothing. I then considered that he had somehow got his neck caught in or under a fence, but I still couldn't find anything. So then Jan, Hawkeye, went out and eventually found his collar in a remote part of the garden, under a fence, where he had obviously tried to get at something and had pulled it off when retreating. Problem solved.



***

Manny, our English speaking plumber, called round this morning to fix a leaking tap and adjust the flame on the new stove. We also discussed a revised heating system for the main room using a pompe a chaleur, so he took away some plans so that he could calculate the cost of installation.


***

Philipe delivered some more wood this afternoon so I reckon that we will be as warm as toast for the next few months. The rest of the day was spent getting the Christmas decorations out of the garage loft and starting to put them up in the house. I have to say that I like nice decorations at Christmas and Jan's are very good. Another reason why I'm a lucky man.

***

If you've got nothing better to do, then why not have a go at the pointless Annual Smack the Penguin Game ? To start the action, click on the Yeti and then click on him again when you want him to swing.

No comments: