Friday, December 16, 2005

Doubting Thomas

First thing this morning, as suggested by Wanadoo, I fitted the new filters to the phone sockets and guess what, we have an internet connection again? I have to say that I didn't think that that would resolve the problem, but it did. Oh ye of little faith.

***
I've finally got to grips with my wood ordering. Whilst for the last three years I have been asking for so many tons of wood, it has actually been delivered in stères, which is 1 cubic metre. Last month I ordered 6 stères and we appear to be going through it at a fair old lick. Given that the fire will probably be running 24 hours a day over Christmas, because of the young children, I'm erring on the side of caution and have ordered another 4. Now that's cosy.
***

William and Christine came for dinner tonight. I requested, and Jan produced, a Thai meal, prawns in a Thai sauce and a Thai green chicken curry. To finish we had a very Thai pudding of cooked, cardamom flavoured figs and vanilla ice cream.

No comments: