Thursday, August 05, 2010

Not many people know that



Whilst the heat during daylight hours has been as unrelenting as ever, it has been a tad windier during the day, taking the edge off, and the temperatures at night are at worst cool. But at least I get a good nights sleep (above). That for me is pretty near perfect.

The downside is that the pool has been cooler than normal. Normally at this time of the year the pool (without any aides) would be at 27C but it's running at around 24C, cold enough for Jan to come rushing back yesterday afternoon complaining that it was too cold. See, women can be babies as well!

Me, on the other hand, I know where I stand with a pool. Anything less than 28C then I don't even want to look at it! I can't believe I'm thinking of turning the pool heating on in the middle of August.

Anyway, I'm talking to a lawyer the other day and he asked whether I had domage ouvrage insurance. 'Never heard of it,' I said. It turns out that when you have building works completed the law requires you to take out said insurance, but the trouble with this law is that there's no penalty if you don't take it out, so no one does. Incidentally, the insurance premium is about six percent of the cost of the works. I bet not many (English) people know that.

No comments: