Sunday, February 08, 2009

What a good effort


Good heavens, I'm put to shame. A 56 years old woman has just swum the Atlantic.
 Me, I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning. I really do need to be more active. I wonder if my bike still works? (The one with the big wheel at the front? - Ed) I'll dig it out tomorrow. But in the meantime it's back to watching the football on television. With the weather as it has been recently, it's the nearest I'm getting to exercise at the moment!
Anyway, there I was sweating away whilst watching West Ham this afternoon on the television, hoping that they'd beat Manchester United, when I mischievously said to Jan, who's been working her way through the freezer recently, "tell me my beloved, what little delicacy are you warming up for us this evening?"
Jan, whose vicious put downs have improved enormously since she met me said, "I'm not warming anything up, it's poule au pot, a peasant dish. Should be right up your street!"
Grief, where's that gentle, respectful, perfumed English rose that I met so many years ago?

No comments: