Thursday, February 26, 2009

Byetta


I'm a morning type of person and usually better in the morning for most things (if you get my drift girls) so last night I was in no mood to learn how to inject myself. That I did this morning. But what I did do last night, was download all the information in English from the Byetta site about this drug, and how to inject. All the stuff I got from the pharmacy here is obviously in French and given my squeamishness about this subject I was in no mood to get anything wrong. Talk about self help courses.

Anyway, this morning I took the plunge, or more precisely the needle took the plunge. I'd already bought the smallest bloody needle that the pharmacy possessed and, to be fair, it was very, very small. (There's a joke here about a small prick but I won't lower myself - Ed) It's a lot smaller than the monster above.

After prepping the syringe I had to pinch an area of fat, disinfect with alcohol and then stick the needle in for a count of five.
Verdict - it was amazingly easy and didn't hurt at all. So a good result. I'm now well on my way to being a junky.

1 comment:

MrsJ said...

Wow! Your tummy's looking flat nowadays! Where on earth did you find some fat to pinch?!

Jacqui
xxxx