Friday, February 06, 2009

Leave me alone


There I was sitting quietly, minding my own business, when Jan came up to me and told me that she had been sorting my toiletries draw. Please note that she started on mine and didn't bother with hers. I groaned inwardly. This wasn't good news. Anyway, she told me that I had enough deodorant and shaving foam to last me for the rest of my life and she had no idea where she should store it all.

Look, I don't need much to keep me ticking over and I hate to run out of anything, so over the years, and certainly each time we drive back to the UK, I add to my supplies in case of a nuclear attack, or similar. She just doesn't understand. I need to be prepared.

Then, to add insult to injury she told me that she was confiscating various unopened bottles of perfume on the grounds that a: I never wash and b: I will never use it. This is one cruel and heartless woman. Everyone thinks she's St Jan of Cannes. To me she's more Cruella de Cannes.

2 comments:

jan said...

That's such a great picture of me - where did you get it?

Alex said...

Hi sweetie. (This is how we communicate nowadays) I know that you don't smoke any more but I searched through my old photos and this was the best that I could find. Having said that I think it captures you perfectly.