Sunday, January 18, 2009

Trulli, deeply madly


OK, back to the travels. It was AJ's birthday Saturday and we took a trip out to Alberobello. This place is a UNESCO World Heritage site thanks to a unique collection of Trulli. I can't say that they do a lot for me, because once you've seen one Trullo you've seen them all. Jan was not impressed when I said that I expected a munchkin to hang out of a window.
Anyway, it was back to Ostuni in the afternoon to add a few more kilos at Osteria Piazzetta Cattedrale. Roberto and Marilea run a lovely restaurant and the more you get to know them the more you want to be there. We also had the best wine of the trip so far, a Primitivo di Manduria 2004. A huge beast of a wine. Excellent.
Apart from the wonderful food and excellent company this resto has the only perfectly square toilet bowl that I have ever seen. All I need now is a square bum.

No comments: