Saturday, January 24, 2009

Time to reconsider


Never mind all that idyllic rubbish posted by over at Chez Loulou about life in the south of France. The reality is somewhat different. We were expecting delivery of a new dishwasher today and the sales lady in Boulanger promised that the deliveryman would call during the morning to confirm the time of his arrival this afternoon. He didn't call, so we were then stuck at home and unable to spend our usual Saturday morning at Elie's bar, trying to drink the place dry, with our chums.

Still, without resorting to taking photographs of the front door, or any of the vegetables in the house (OK, that's enough sniping - Ed) I cheered myself up by watching the tennis from Australia. Despite him being a miserable git and dissing all us good solid English folk, Andy Murray does play a mean game of tennis. He destroyed the world number 31 Jurgen Meltzer, in three sets, the second set to love, and gave himself an easy passage to the last sixteen. Even though he is a racist bigot and doesn't like me (not many people do - Ed), I will still follow his progress, cheer him on and support him.

Can I point out to all my golf loving friends (yes that's you Bob, Kevin, Mark and Will) that there is more wrestling, darts and ocean going sailing than golf to watch at the moment and that maybe you should reconsider your sport. (Who rattled your cage this morning? - Ed)

6 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I really don't see why you had to mention Chez Loulou again...do you get a kick out of dissing people.

You must be a very sad British man..!

Oh yes and if you knew you would get backlash about your cheese post, why did you put it up...?

Alex said...

That's simple, it's because I'm mischievous.
Needless to say I popped over to take a look at your blog and I note from your last post that you 'will continue reading your favourite blogs.' Why are you reading mine if it upsets you so much?
You seem a tad confused!

Unknown said...

You little mischief maker Alex...

I saw Murray too and I play golf as well so am now put out that I didn't get a mention...

I'm going to go off in a Presidential huff...

Bob Walder said...

Wot you talking about now, man? Abu Dhabi last week. Qatar Masters this week. Dubai Desert Classic next week. How much more golf do you want?

Alex said...

Kevin, I'm really sorry. I'd forgotten that you play golf.
Bob, serves me right for knowing bugger all about golf.

Unknown said...

So you should be... especially as I hate Cheese...

And I'm with The Mash re their story on government driking limits...