Monday, January 05, 2009

In with the new


I've had it with Palm! Historically, I have never tried to remember anything. Why clog up your brain with useless bits of information? I'm a list man, I like lists, so for years I have run my life from a combination of a Palm PDA and, more recently, the Palm Desktop where I recorded everything. If I was ever asked a question about availability then I would have to look at the computer first. The Palm Desktop was the first thing that I turned to every morning. It told me what to do and what to think. It reminded me to start breathing every morning, it was my life blood. I relied on it totally. But therein lay the problem, because from time to time I opened the bloody programme and there was nothing there. Zilch, nada, niente. My life had disappeared. I didn't know what to do or what to think.
OK, whilst it wasn't a major problem because I'd got into the habit of backing up at critical times, after I'd imported the backup copy, the bloody original data reappeared. Then I had two of everything to do. Bugger.
Being an anal kind of person (also known as an asshole - Ed), this offended my precise, ordered life, so I would spend hours deleting the extraneous information.
Well not any more, that's it, we're divorced. I've switched to Google Calender. She's much younger, just as good looking, works away from home, but she's there when I need her and does exactly what I tell her to do. (That's enough - Ed) We've had one good month together, with lots of free time to tell her everything she needs to know and she's now my lifelong companion. At least until something younger and better looking comes along!

No comments: