Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bring it on


I thought that I might get a backlash from my recent cheese post but then I thought that the people who read all my rubbish are hardly likely to be the same intellectual standing of the people who read Chez Loulou.
Anyway, in order to no doubt garner a bit of sympathy about my mean posting, Lou goes and posts the whole thing on her blog. We didn't worry about copyright then did we Lou? Needless to say some of her no doubt ardent supporters decided to retaliate.
'Dear' wrote to me but decides to be anonymous, which is something I hate, not having the courage to identify him or herself, so the comment has, in my eyes, no value whatsoever.
'MitchieMole' made a few legitimate points but then adds another comment accusing me of being the 'cheese police.' Mitchie, take a look at Lou's Jan 18th post about chickens. Who's policing what here?
'Lesley' attacks my rubbish, fair enough, but then when you look at her blog she spends a lot of time attacking the writing of others. A tad two faced if you ask me Lesley.
I haven't missed the irony of people complaining about what I'd written about Chez Loulou whilst at the same time proceeding to attack the rubbish that I write. That's kinda spooky mes braves. If I wasn't starting to enjoy this so much I'd let it drop but as if to prove my original point about Lou's blog, and in the process making her supporters look a tad foolish, take a look at her piece on Jan 18th.
Post a photograph of chickens on a supermarket shelf and then proceed to insult the hundreds of thousands of people who buy it. The inference being that they are too stupid to know what they are doing and that they should be wealthy enough to buy better quality. A dumb post and food snobbery of the highest order. QED. I'm ready to debate!

12 comments:

Sandy said...

At least you guys are keeping it entertaining...this is starting look like Rosie O’Donnell & Donald Trump.lol

Anonymous said...

I love cheese, cats and innocent rant all the same. I am taking no sides! ;) But I do believe the mean guy has a point concerning the chicken post. The socioeconomic bit was definitely not taken into consideration at the original post. Which of course the author is in her own right to decide, the blog is not about socio-economics or maybe political appropriateness for that matter. Ah, but neither is this one?

I am looking forward to the continuation of this "man-posted-innocent-rant-because-he-was-bored-then-blogger-felt-offended-but-her-friends-even-more"-story.

A good Sunday evening to you all.

martha said...

Well he had to do something to get readers. THAT post was the only one of his this year to generate any comment. Yawn............

Bob Walder said...

Hey "Snark" - always thought you were a "mean guy" and a "grumpy ex pat" to boot.

Don't worry, if it looks like you are getting upset I will leap to your defense with a grammatically incorrect post containing no punctuation (or, worse punctuation: in the wrong! place;)

I will then go to her blog and post similar badly punctuated and mis-spelled comments under a nom de plume.

That'll show 'em....

Bob Walder said...

Although actually, a lot of them DO have a point. Seems like they know you so well ;o)

Bob Walder said...

Nobody jumps to MY defense like that when you take the piss out of my blog..... :o(

Maybe that could be your new thing. "The Snark Blog" - you trawl the blogosphere looking for things to criticise, then count up the number of defensive comments that appear after each of your mean posts and publish league tables of the "Most Popular Bloggers On The Net According To The Snark".

The winner each month could receive a "Snarky" award

jan said...

OK, so the master went a bit OTT about the cheese lady's blog, but at least he's got a sense of humour, which is more than can be said for most of the people who've commented. Personally speaking, I totally agree with the person who wrote 'I love cheese' 50 times (although to call him a lout was almost as rude as any of his comments). Minnie and I both love cheese, but we're not allowed to eat it unless it accidently drops on the floor.
Anyway, I thought I might start a blog entitled 'Bones I have loved' or 'Things I have eaten in the woods that I shouldn't have' I'm sure that it will be just as interesting..............?
Max

Anonymous said...

I would definitely let such a blog as Mr. Walder is suggesting become the regular company to my morning coffee. I think the Shark Blog (or snark or whatever it was) is a brilliant idea.

Why not make MY blog the first subject? I challenge you! No really, I could do with some PR for my blog, as I realize I am doing pretty lousy what concerns both readers and comments. I have yet to receive an award as well. The Shark award would be pretty cool.

JM.

Alex said...

Thanks guys. I appreciate your comments. I had already considered one called Blog Patrol but I much prefer The Snark, so I've set one up. God knows where this is going to lead but it could be a lot of fun - and with so much ready made material. Janne I will be pleased to comment and you will be number my one (good title for a song there). The Snark.

Bob Walder said...

I will expect royalties when you are rich....

Rosemary in Utah said...

Ha ha it'd embarrass me to say how much time I spend online and off thinking about cheese--
but wait a minute--didn't I "meet" you years ago at a food blog, talking about... sausages?
http://chocolateandzucchini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=13385&highlight=#13385

Alex said...

Rosemary, that's not fair, I'm embarrassed, (well only a bit) you have such a good memory. It was a period of my life that I'd rather forget. Still, I'm feeling much better now. The medication is first class.
OK, back to your cheese problem, have you tried to get help? Better still we could start a self help group right here.
Any takers?