Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A mutual appreciation event


Anticipating a long wait this afternoon, Jan went to run a few errands whilst I headed for the dentist. I reckon that I'm at that time of life when all my ancient metal fillings are starting to crumble and pop. Such is the popularity of our dentist I've had to wait 30 days or so to have a huge hole filled, and when I say huge there was more hole than tooth and I've no idea how the remaining bit of tooth survived. Anyway, I arrived a couple of minutes early and was shown right in. Yes, you read that right, I was in the chair BEFORE the allotted time. I like Dr B, he's a nice chap and we always have a bit of a chat before I grab his nuts. I find that he's always much more gentle whilst I can inflict a lot of pain on him. I've even learnt the French for, "And we're not going to hurt each other are we?"

Now, it's a while since I've had any work done at the dentist and I half expected him to have to use a cauldron of molten lead to fill the tooth but no. He uses a resin, the same colour as the tooth, which sets so fast that he has to use the drill to finish it off. (Is there a point to this story? - Ed) Look, this may be boring for you but this was a significant event for me and I pass on the experience in the event that you may have to have dental work done in Quissac!

No comments: