Sunday, August 26, 2007

We got beer

Oooh errr! Summer is back with a vengeance. At 10.30 this morning it was 30 C on the east facing terrace and by lunchtime it hit an energy sapping 35 C on the shaded south facing terrace. My fears of cold evening weather for the wedding have now diminished because the forecast looks better.

***



It was as a poor start to my resolve to be more active today, because Jan forced me to have a lie-in. Bum. Having said that I made an early start at getting the beer cooler working (how important is that? - Ed). As instructed, it had been sitting undisturbed for a couple of days and the refrigeration unit had been filled with water and the beer tubes had been rinsed out. I was so excited. Look girls, I know its a boy thing, but to have your own chilled beer, on tap, as it were, was very exciting, so please indulge me (just like Jan indulges you all the time? - Ed). Anyway, by mid afternoon the water was very cold so I connected the gas and beer. I was quivering with excitement (you are so sad! - Ed). That tap hissed and fizzed, then it happened, I had beer. Beautiful cold beer. It tasted so good, and even Jan indulged in a demi-pêche.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of that thing working... You sure you don't need an extra barman this weekend... Good luck with the celebrations... we had a great time with you.
Kevin