Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Always carry Kapo in your holster





Where do wasps fit in the food chain? Does anybody like them? Well, we've got plenty here, nesting under roof tiles and in all kinds of nooks and crannies. We were fixing some bamboo screening around the pool the other day and I inadvertently disturbed a nest. Poor old Jan got stung in the process, so this morning I was out for revenge. I've tried hand grenades, mortars, and low grade nuclear weapons but Kapo wasp and hornet spray is my weapon of choice. (It's a pity it doesn't work on humans - Ed.) This stuff will knock out a wasp nest (and low flying aircraft) at 6 metres. No kidding. I've tried them all and this is the best. You can't buy it everywhere, as the blank look on the assistants faces in Leroy's and Weldoms had already proved. They sell it in drogueries and you have to find the one nearest you by checking the Kapo website. We have a particularly good droguerie in Quissac which always sells those special little awkward items that you can't find anywhere else. Recommended.

***

Joy, oh joy. More family arrived this afternoon, so guess who got the airport run AGAIN? Luke (Jan's youngest) and his partner Lydia arrived with EasyJet from Gatwick. It's a particularly long and boring run, to Marseilles, but hey, I'll get my reward in heaven. Having said that, I'd rather have it here, and now, thank you very much!

1 comment:

Wendy Johnson said...

Bees make honey - wasps make jam.

Wendy