Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Not like this, like that

We'd been finding it very difficult to find large square (or round) tableclothes for the forthcoming wedding lunch (Friday 31st - you'll be sick of reading about this wedding by the time I've finished) but Jan eventually found exactly what we wanted at Casa in Nîmes. So far so good. When we got back last night, number one son and heir, pronounced that they didn't want round tables for this particular meal, but one long rectangular table. I was not a happy bunny.

***

Aren't women wonderful? With the wedding looming, new dresses arrive at the house by the hour and Jan has been spending an inordinate amout of time topping up her tan. I presume it has nothing to do with my 'first ex-wife' being at the wedding, or anything like that. I was chatting about this type of obsession with William the other day and it transpired that the French equivalent for a male 'six pack' is 'tablets of chocolate.' He understood when I told him that my chocolate had melted and sunk to my belt!

2 comments:

MrsJ said...

Have you (or should I just direct this straight at Jan, rather than the Yorkshire yob?!) thought about material by the metre rather than actual ready-made table clothes? Ideal if the tables are going to be non-round!

You do not have to waste time sew hems if you do not like sewing (does anyone?!) - my mother in law was a firm believer in using glue!

Have a great wedding!

Jacqui

Alex said...

Hi Jacqui

Yup, we've tried cloth from material shops (a shortage of anything wide enough - lots too small and lots too big) and even sheets from Ikea. Ideally we needed 2 metre square for the round tables. Anyway, that's now history so we now have to check the size of the rectangular tables and go from there. Thanks for your wishes, you're very kind.