Friday, January 13, 2006

Swapping positions

After such a lousy nights sleep, we both felt pretty miserable this morning but we decided to take advantage of 2 very tired dogs, leave them both at home and nip over to the market at Ganges. We have been told on several occasions that it is a very good market, and so it proved. We stopped for coffee in the middle of the market and I commented on how comfortable I now feel in France. Jan agreed, even though she had to use a hated 'footprint' loo.

***

After very many years of driving, I have never once been stopped and asked to produce my license and insurance documents in the UK. We have now been in France over 3 years and I have been stopped 3 times. At first it used to irritate me but now I'm more relaxed. However, this type of police vigilance does nothing to improve the standard of French driving.

***

Jan's joke of the day:

He said - "Shall we try swapping positions tonight?"

She said - "That's a good idea... you stand by the ironing board whilst I sit on the sofa and fart."

Do you think that maybe I give Jan the wrong impression? (Doubt it - Ed.)

No comments: