Monday, January 30, 2006

Domaine de la Prose

Today was all about taking James and Pauline back to the airport, but as nothing is simple in this house, we took a big detour to visit another vineyard. Domaine de la Prose is situated outside Pignan near the village of St George d'Orque just west of Montpellier. I first heard of this area when tasting (or rather drinking) an absolutely delicious red Domaine Henry from Pic Wines. Because James likes to try new wines and new terroirs, and because Jan and I have been known to do the same, we decided to make this little side-trip. We were pleased to be able to taste their wine, and were offered three whites and three reds to try by Alexandre de Mortillet, the owner. The enthusiasm and passion of all the wine makers we meet is so pleasing and this man was no exception.

***

I received this today, which made me laugh:

A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. A young, student nurse turns up and starts to give him a partial sponge bath.
"Nurse", he mumbles, from behind the mask. "Are my testicles black?"
Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir, I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet.”
He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, are my testicles black?"
Concerned that he may elevate his blood pressure and heart rate from worry about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and pulls back the covers. She raises his gown, holds his manhood in one hand and his testicles in the other. Then, she takes a close look and says, "There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, Sir!"
The man pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her and says very slowly, "Thank you so very much, you're very kind, but listen, can you tell me, are my test results back?"

No comments: