Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Feeling good

What a great feeling! I've been puzzling for a while now on how to merge the 2 mail stores in Outlook Express that I've ended up with (Please don't explain why - Ed.). I knew the full address of both stores and by using the import tool in OE I should have been able to merge them. The only trouble was that the import wizard didn't allow me to type the address, I had to choose it from a predetermined structure. This structure, however, did not show sufficient 'layers' so I came to a full stop. That is until I had a brainwave this morning. Maybe the view in 'Folder Options' had been set to truncate all the system levels. Well, wadaya know - who's a clever boy? And, by the way, if you don't understand any of this rubbish then you are a healthy normal human being, but if you do understand it, you're probably not well.


***

Something that really pisses me off at the moment is the 'blame culture' that seems to pervade British society. There are lots of examples of this, not the least, the 'ambulance chasing' legal advertising, but something that really hacked me off recently was to hear some guy complaining on television that the British government had given him no money after his adult child had been involved in some foreign catastrophe. I have every sympathy with anyone's misfortune, at home or abroad, but why one's government should be expected to pick up the pieces and then compensate one's relatives is beyond my understanding. I suppose it's an inherent danger when you try to run a nanny state and when you try to please too many people.

No comments: