Thursday, January 05, 2006

Spooky

Max now routinely lets himself in and out of the house by opening the back door. The only real downside to this is when it is raining and cold. We need to remember to lock the door if they have let themselves out so that we have the opportunity to dry them off before they come back in again. Not content with just this type of behaviour, one of them, and we suspect Max, not only opened but pulled out a heavy kitchen drawer last night. Jan was in the kitchen at the sink and jumped at the sound of something big falling behind her. Goodness knows how it was done, but this heavy drawer was pulled out and then lifted for the final bit before it fell on the floor. Maybe we have poltergeists?

***

Off to Montpellier this afternoon for a bollocking about my weight. In fairness I had only put on half a kilo over Christmas, which I felt was good going, but needless to say the lovely Dr K disagreed. Hell she's tough, but then I suppose you need to be to deal with people like me. I've been seeing her for six months now and I've only lost 2.5 kilos. (We're not surprised - Ed.) It's probably time to knuckle down a bit and make more effort. Thank goodness I finished the Christmas cake yesterday. That'll help a bit!

No comments: