Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chicken cacciatore



Don't get me wrong, I could probably survive happily on a non meat diet. Jan has lots of interesting and tasty veggie dishes which she has developed over the years, mainly because my son James doesn't eat meat. Well now James and Pauline have returned home, after a few days R&R with us, and I begged my beloved for something a bit meatier. I've had enough bloody tofu. What a waste of time it is. Why eat something as a meat substitute, something that neither feels or tastes like meat? Just eat bloody meat? But what do I know?

Anyway, I saw this recipe for chicken cacciatore in a mag the other day and politely suggested (it sounded more like begging to me - Ed) that it would be a welcome change from that tofu shit.

Well, what does my beloved do? She cooked it tonight. And very nice it was too.

And, just in case you feel like something a little more substantial, you might want to take a look at McDonalds latest offering.

No comments: