Sunday, November 02, 2008

A good end to a lousy weekend



The weather has been truly awful today with thunder, lightening and all that sort of stuff. At one point this afternoon it was so bad that there was no satellite signal for the television and, fearing a power cut which would bugger up the computer, I turned it off. Do you know what I had to do? I read. Yes, a book. Remember books?

Anyway, we eventually got a signal back and I was able to watch the final race of the F1 Championship. Apart from the first 110 minutes which was relatively boring, Lewis Hamilton, whom I have followed all year, won the world championship by one point in the final 20 seconds, on the final two bends of the final lap. Even Jan, not a natural F1 fan, was shouting and screaming. Good effort LH!

1 comment:

Miss Expatria said...

How seriously beautiful it is today! I'm in Montpel, and I was forgetting what the sky looked like.