Monday, April 28, 2008

Super fit?


That's it. As if to confirm what people already know, I put shorts on for the first time today, became an official expat (it would need to be 50C before a local thought about shorts) and confirmed the arrival of summer. It was not a pretty sight and sent Jan into fits of laughter! Despite Jan's ridicule and having been inundated with requests for a photo, I include one above.

Shortly after that 'the boys' turned up out of the blue for tennis. I'd forgottten that we'd discussed it, but I was secretly pleased because it meant that it delayed some of the jobs that I'd planned to do. We hadn't actually played for about 5 months so it was a bit of a shock to the system, further compounded by the fact that one bod didn't show so we had to play two on one. Still, it was very good exercise and fits in perfectly with the new lighter, perfectly formed and healthier me. For the first time in months I got a sweat on (the last time was when you thought about getting out of bed! - Ed).

2 comments:

martin said...

Glad to hear that the weather is warming up for when we arrive, just what the doctor ordered. I don't know about having a beer with the incredible hulk though.

Alex said...

You're just scared that you couldn't keep up!