Monday, May 21, 2007

How not to run a business



I've just remembered! Eleven days ago, when I had problems connecting to the Internet, a chap from a computer store in Quissac (who also happens to live in our village) called round, at my request, to help. He promised to return the NEXT DAY with a different router, to eliminate my router as the problem. That was eleven days ago. You know what, my expectations of dealing with French artisans is now so poor, that I don't believe a word of what they say and expect nothing from them. Sarkozy is so right when he says that he needs to get the French back to work. Start work more like!
Anyway, because I got fed up waiting I went out and bought a new router and the web connection has been pretty good ever since. Frankly I'm still not convinced that it wasn't FT messing about with the exchange but I can at least try both routers now to check if the old one is at fault. But, to get back to my rant. This chap had the opportunity of selling me a new router, charging me for his time and he could do all this on his way from work, or at some other spare moment. For all he knows I'm still having problems but because I am not continually on his back, he ignores me and I'm someone he doesn't have to deal with. What a way to run a business, what a tosser.