Friday, February 24, 2006

Which button to press

The Lloyds left yesterday morning and, as ever, we are sorry to see them go. Katie and Tom are good fun and we enjoy having them around. They'll be back in April so that's something to look forward to.

***

There was also a lot of hanging about yesterday, Jan, to let the electricity people read the meter at our house in the village (which they have to inspect personally once a year) and me to let the fridge repair man look at our sick fridge. In this day and age you don't expect a fridge to go wrong. When all is said and done there isn't much to go wrong, but this is the second time we have had it looked at in 3 years. Despite sitting around for 4 hours, the meter reader failed to show up and Jan was mightily pissed off. At least it wasn't with me this time.


***

This afternoon I went round to help our neighbours with their computer. They are both relative novices so it was all fairly straightforward. They have bought books and are becoming more proficient so my help involved minor issue like organising the toolbar and getting the sound to work on some games. It's easy to forget that we were all novices at one time. I didn't touch a computer until I reached 45 (yes, the new electric ones came in at about that time - Ed.) and I remember how unnerving it was. Hey ho.

No comments: