Saturday, February 25, 2006

Forza Italia!

We took Max and Minnie to training this morning and Max was his usual 'difficult to control' self. Not difficult in an unpleasant way, but he pulls in different directions, depending on the smell, dog or person of the moment and he always wants to play with other dogs and people. He is a strong, powerful dog and it makes for tired muscles and sore hands trying to keep him in line. I'm considering stopping taking him because if I want him to change I'm going to have to get much tougher and that's not how I'd like to be with him. I like a dog to have spirit and have fun, so long as he is not dangerous, and I don't want to have to make him a quivering jelly. Max has a fou fou personality and he's not likely to change. We shall see.

***

France beat Italy at rugby this afternoon and it's fair to say that Italy were the better side for much of the match. Most sports pundits say that Italy are improving quickly and it's just a matter of time before they pull off a good win. The main problem, as I see it, is that they need to play better opposition more often. Forza Italia!

***

Bob and Lynne have invited us to a dinner dance in Sumène this evening. More about that tomorrow.

No comments: