Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Oh lordy, lordy, I seen da light

There was a very interesting programme on television last night about faith healing. It was being investigated by Prof Kathy Sykes, a very fit, good looking scientist, don't you know (there aint nothing wrong with her body - Ed). The sort of woman that makes you feel like getting your Bunsen burner out. Anyway, the net result was that it demonstrated scientifically that people could be cured or just feel better, because they believed that they had been operated on, or had hands laid on them, or whatever. Now I've been thinking for a while about any little extra curricular activities that I might get into, and it made me think that maybe I could get into the 'healing business' like the laying on of hands. I decided to try it out on Jan. The results were absolutely amazing, I laid my hands on various bits of her body and, you know what? I felt better straight away! A miracle.

***

I get such a buzz when I get things to work. Some time ago we had a chap install a new box to pick up the free to air BBC channels. It was cold, late in the day, and he struggled to tune in the last couple of channels that I wanted. He made the usual promises about sorting in out for me the next day and went home for his dinner, or whatever French artisans do at the end of the day. Needless to say, he made no further contact and I decided to do it myself. I had tried twice previously but this morning I woke with a clear head and decided to try again. Bingo, don't ask me how I did it, but did it I did. And now I feel qualified to lay my hands on yet even more things!

***

Eat your heart out, it was another glorious sunny day again today and the forecast for the next 10 days or so is for sunny, warm/cool days and cold nights. Now I remember why we moved here. In line with the improved weather, William and I played tennis for the first time in a few weeks and whilst he came at me like a steam train, I managed to fend him off and beat him 6-3. Vive l'Angleterre.

No comments: