Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Where is Inondable?

Somebody once said to me: "Where is this place Inondable?" When I asked what they meant they mentioned that a lot of roads around here appear to lead to Inondable. It always makes me laugh when I think about it. (It doesn't take much to make you laugh - Ed.) The photo above is particularly appropriate.

***

When I checked the pool water chemistry this morning, the monitoring system warned me that the Ph level was particularly low at 6.5. The Ph level (the acidity/alkalinity balance) in the pool is maintained automatically at about 7.0. This is the correct setting for a 'salt system' pool, and because the pool is filled and replenished with very hard (alkaline) water, an acid is used to reduce the Ph to an acceptable level. The inescapable conclusion therefore was that all the rain that fell in the pool yesterday must have been quite acidic. Hmm. (Don't you know anything? The Ph of rain is about 5.5 - Ed.)

***

With more rain forecast for tomorrow, there's not much point in clearing up outside, so Jan and I have a lazy morning and spend the afternoon preparing for the next tennis group that arrives tomorrow. For a change, Floyd is coming out with three men and no women. At least it will keep Jan happy!

***

Talking about keeping Jan happy, she gets an hours free French conversation with Christine (she's French and speaks very good English) this afternoon and, in exchange, I give Christine a tennis lesson. Somebody has got the raw end of the deal here but I'll let you know when I've figured it out.

No comments: