Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Expensive paperweights

William and I had our regular game of tennis this morning. I only just managed to beat him (9-7 in a tie-break). It's amazing how much he has improved and how competitive he has become. Great fun.

***

In anticipation of a trip to the UK in October, I spent a long time this morning trying to get my Palm PDA to synchronise with my desktop. After finally establishing that the desktop software was the likely culprit, I uninstalled and reinstalled it and after a bit more fiddling got it all to work. It's amazing how much time can be spent (wasted) sorting out relatively minor problems of this nature, but, somehow, it needs to be done otherwise the PDA becomes an expensive paperweight and not a very good one at that.

***

With just the three of us, Jan serves up leftovers. In the scheme of things, leftovers are usually not that appetising but Jan's leftovers are scrummy, so Floyd and I slop and slurp our way to a heart attack with all the food that no one could finish. Thank you everybody. We had a little drink as well!

No comments: