Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Who cares for the carers?

My No 1 son arrives today (No 1 daughter left last week), so after trying to get Jan to eat something for the first time in over two days, it's off to Montpellier. I'm a little concerned that, because she is not eating, she will start to lose more weight than me. We shall see. Anyway, the plane was on time which was a bit of a BA first for me of late. I also called into the 'Chateau Puech Haut' shop at the airport and pretended to be interested in their wine, when in fact I know it well, and sampled some of their delicious White Tete de Cuvee, a Roussanne, Marsanne mixture, and their Red Tete de Cuvee, a Syrah, Grenache assemblage. This cheers me up, and is my little reward to myself for all my selfless airport runs.

***
Jan appears to be little better (the nurse turned up and injected as promised) but she still finds it very painful to walk. The antibiotics should start to kick in soon and she has started to look a little brighter already. Whatever it was, it was very, very nasty and will take a few days yet to clear.
***
I noticed this today and found myself agreeing with most of it. For anyone thinking of moving to France it will make interesting reading.

***
James cooks a fresh tomato and basil sauce for dinner, to go with the fresh gnocci that we bought today at Intermarche. We also drink a bottle of the White 2003 Tete de Cuvee that I couldn't resist this morning. You can tell that Jan is still not well when she refuses a glass.

No comments: