Friday, July 01, 2005

Not just a goddess but also a psychic?

I have mentioned before that Jan can guess the average temperature, for the month, to within half a degree. Well, this is even more bizarre. Earlier last month (June), I can't remember which day but about a week before the end of the month, I asked Jan to PREDICT the average temperature for the month. Now bearing in mind that the average for the first half was 27.0C and that the average for the second half was 32.1C, there were some wide variations in temperature. "OK, smart ass", I said, "tell me what you think it WILL be this month?" She paused, wrinkled her pretty little nose, and said "about 30C". Bloody hell, how does she do it? The answer turned out to be 29.6C (hotter than any month last year). I may have a prophetess on my hands which will come in very useful for the new religion that I keep thinking about starting.

***

It's dental check up time, so off to Quissac to see da man. The dentist appears to be very efficient. He notices a small hole, he drills and fills, all with a lot less fuss than I was used to back in the UK. I'm intrigued as to which way is more competent. Hole filled and teeth scraped clean, it's back to the ranch to start making them dirty again. (Do we really need to know this? - Ed.)

***

Tim contacts me because he wants to know what has happened about the other wasp nest. Not a lot really. I assume that they're still building and I'm biding my time (OK, waiting until I'm pissed enough to have enough courage) before I tackle them. I'm sure it will be any day now.

No comments: