Monday, July 04, 2005

A very poorly lady

Jan is still not well, but I have an appointment that has already been rearranged once, so I have to leave her in Max's capable paws.

***
When I get back, I play doctors and examine a recent nasty swelling on her leg. Because she ached so badly yesterday she did not associate her leg with her other aches and pains. At a rough guess, having had one myself in the past, I guess that she has an infected bite, so I take her for medical help. After an almost two hour wait, we get to see a doctor who states that she has an infection from either an insect bite or possibly a plant. She is prescribed lots of medicine and she also has to have injections for the next ten days. The doctor arranges for a nurse to visit the house to deliver the injections into her stomach. I feel ill just thinking about it. My poor darling, but at least I now know that she is not faking it!

No comments: