Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Taps

The tap in the kitchen is broken, and having tried unsuccessfully to fix it, we pop to Lapeyre for a new one. I never thought that buying a tap could be so complicated. There is so much choice in terms of styles and price that eventually you start to get nervous about making the right decision. Add to that, the fact that you queue at one counter to order the blessed thing, at another counter to pay for it and then at another counter in the warehouse to pick it up. Give me a break! What should have been a relatively simple procedure took ages.
Then, on leaving this shop, our next door neighbour but one has tracked us down and is sitting next to the car waiting for us. Can you help get a pergola, that we've bought, back home, she says? The salesman told her that it would fit easily into an open topped car. I'm not sure what medication he was on but he needs to up the dosage! We go to the shop to find this monstrous package of metal bits, that has to be lifted by a forklift truck, waiting to be taken away. Between the two cars we just manage to fit everything in, and said pergola gets delivered.

***

On getting home, I play a little tennis with some of the group, which is not that easy considering that I had a few gin and tonics inside me. It was fun nonetheless. I score a few easy points off Rob which is very unusual because he would normally beat me easily, until I realised that he was playing left handed because his right shoulder hurt. Thanks Rob for making me look good in front of the assembled masses!

No comments: