Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A kind thought



After being together for many years, I took a careful look at Jan one day and said, "Darling, 20 years ago we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed, watched a 10-inch black and white TV and I got to sleep every night with a hot 25-year-old.


Now I have an expensive house and car, a nice big bed and plasma screen TV, but I'm sleeping with an elderly woman. It seems to me that you're not holding up your side of things."

Jan, who's very reasonable person, told me not to worry. She told me to go out and find a hot 25-year-old girl, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa bed and watching a 10-inch black and white TV.

Isn't that thoughtful?

No comments: