Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Japanese heaven




It was a public holiday in Spain yesterday which had one major benefit, the shops were shut, hence saving us a lot of money. Having said that what to do? You do what the Barcelonese do, you eat out.
Today's new experience was Wok Yutaka, Rossello 307. An eat-as- much-as-you-can Japanese restaurant at 14.80 Euros a head. Surprise, surprise it was packed but at least we were smart and booked yesterday.
What was even more surprising was that the only counter that had no one around it was the sashimi and sushi counter. In my opinion, what are you doing in a Japanese resto if you don't like sushi? I love sushi, so I was in heaven, and there it was, all that I could eat for 14.80. They were going to lose out on this one!

Anyway that wasn't the end of the fun. Ben and Paula wanted to buy a Christmas tree so we headed for the Christmas market just next to the Sagrada Familia. That gave me an idea. What did I really want to make my Christmas perfect. The perfect crib figure. I went looking for a Barak Obama caganer. Til the day I die I'll never understand this Catalan custom, but custom it is so, when in Rome. It took a bit of time but we found one. Look, I know it's strange but the Catalans take it quite seriously and who am I to offend.

1 comment:

Mark said...

An eat-as- much-as-you-can Japanese restaurant at 14.80 Euros a head!!!!!!!!Sounds like my kind of place!