Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Getting old


I’m such a plonker (we already knew that – Ed) sometimes I feel like I'm cracking up. As a treat for Jan I’d booked us into a hotel/spa on our way back from Barcelona so that she could have massages, facials and all that sort of girly stuff but, and it’s quite a big but, when I checked the details this morning, I’d got the dates wrong. We weren’t expected until Wednesday and today was Tuesday. Bugger.
Ah well, it meant another, unscheduled night in a hotel so we decided to stop over in Gerona. We like Gerona, it’s just off the motorway home and we always use it as our last minute shopping stop before arriving back into France. They have an El Cortes Ingles department store and below that their own very good supermarket, Hipercor, full of our favourite Spanish goodies. We’re into Spanish goodies at the moment. Legs of the sweetest ham from acorn fed pigs, Rioja, Spanish olive oil, Manchego cheese and all sorts of good stuff like that. Excellent.
When deciding where to eat, I remembered reading about a good restaurant in Gerona called El Celler de Can Roca. I also remembered reading that if you couldn’t get into El Bulli (I had already tried and failed to get a table anytime in 2009) then this was a pretty good alternative. We got a table.

No comments: